vertial technician
vertial technician, A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 13 years working on imports and domestic cars

I thought my car was running a little bit rough in the back.

Customer Question

I thought my car was running a little bit rough in the back. When I turned the car off it was making a loud air pump sounding noise. I'm not sure what this means.
JA: Have you checked the fluids? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: I had the fluids checked a couple of weeks ago and they were fine. It has 130K
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: Saturn IOn 2
JA: What year is your Ion?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: '07. I don't think it's something I could fix on my own. Unless it's a simple fix. Nothing yet. I thought I was imagining it and thought it might have been the tires. But the tires and the air pressure is okay.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  vertial technician replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Just about the only thing in the back that will make that kinda noise is the fuel pump if it's going bad.Do you hear it only as your driving or all the time?Thanks
Do you still need help? Was my advice helpful?
Please let me know.Thanks