Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

MY 2009 SATURN SKY MAKES NOISE THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT COMES

Customer Question

MY 2009 SATURN SKY MAKES NOISE THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT COMES FROM BLOWER. I HAD THE BLOWER REPLACED TWICE. ATHE CHEVY DEALER THEN REPLACED THE A/C COMPRESSOR AND ALTERNATOR. tHE NOISE CONTINUES,,i WENT TO A MECHANIC SHOP AND HE TOLD ME IT COMES FROM THE COMPRESSOR BUT WOULD NOT CHNAGE IT BECAUSE THE CHEVY DEALER JUST CHANGED IT AND SAIS THAT EVEN IF HE CHANGED IT THE NOISE MAY NOT STOP BECAUSE IT COULD BE FROM A COPPER TUPE OR THE FERON COULD BE OSSOLATING IN THE SYSTEM. hE PUT INSULATION ON THE A/C COPPER TIBE BY FIRE WALL BUT IT DID NOT HELP. what do you think?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I have seen issues with the ac lines off of the compressor contacting the body or the engine and causing a noise like this here in some cases.Check for any ac lines contacting any body or engine components that may need slightly tweeked to clear contact to see if this resolves the issue.I agree,if the compressor was already replaced it is usually a line that is making contact with a component causing this fault or possibly the freon moving in the ac lines and components.In some cases if the dealer did not replace the ac filter/orifice tube this can restrict slightly and cause noises as well.

All of these need checked into to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am mot happy with your answer. You have not told me anything that I told you the other mechanics said.. Please cancel my subscription with JUSTANSWER.THANK YOY
ALEX
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

I apologize if my answer here didnt help.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete