vertial technician
vertial technician, A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 13 years working on imports and domestic cars

2005 Saturn VUE 2.2l FWD with manual trans. I have a

Customer Question

2005 Saturn VUE 2.2l FWD with manual trans. I have a intermittent stuttering and stalling issue. 3 times it has stalled out completely at the stoplights or just as I was applying the gas to go. but the first time I got a code P1599 well that doesn't do any good cuz it just tells me it stalled. I was able to get it to stall out 2 times while sitting in my garage after the first time it happened with no codes. It also will cut out while driving at speed also with no codes. I have replaced the fuel pump and relay also the crankshaft position sensor. Not sure if it is related but while test test driving and paying more attention to the gauges i noticed that the speedometer is jumping. Can be going 55mph and it may jump up or down by 5mph at times.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  vertial technician replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.I would try cleaning the maf first and see if it helps. If it's acting up it can cause the stalling issue. Not really the speedo issue. But I'm not really sure those are related either.Let me know what happens and I'll continue to assist.Thanks