C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.

Our 2002 saturn vue is having a/c issues. the coolant shows

Customer Question

our 2002 saturn vue is having a/c issues. the coolant shows that it is full and ready, but it only blows room/engine temp air.
JA: Have you inspected the hoses? Have you checked the radiator fluid?
Customer: the fluids are fine and the hoses look intact.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My bf is wanting to do this himself, but would like suggestions.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: my bf has charged the a/c unit, so it's full.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning, my name is ***** ***** I am here to help fix the issue at hand. So let me verify your current concern is the air conditioning is not working.

I have a few questions. Does the air conditioning compressor click on when you turn the ac on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I believe it does. To be honest, I was just researching possible problems and stumbled across your JUSTANSWER site. I really need my boyfriend to be here; he's the one with the problem. As I understand the situation, he has charged the unit and the blower does engage, but does not blow cool air. I need to consult him about he compressor.

From the sounds it is possible the level of charge the system has is not adequate. It can be done without the professional tools but just very dangerous on your air conditioning system. If the level is to high or to low the system will not produce cold air. If you have replaced a component and the old stuff was removed you need to verify you get the proper amounts of oil into the system. The reason is if you have insufficient oil it will burn up the compressor. If the compressor is kicking on but not producing any cold air than the level of charge is incorrect. You can get a can of charge with a gauge you will want it to be at 25-30 psi on the low side. Let me know when you verify this and have the details. Thanks.