Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.

I have a 99 sl1 ac just blows warm air compresser is running

Customer Question

i have a 99 sl1 ac just blows warm air compresser is running
low side say 45 pis
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can feel the ac lines coming from the compressor with the compressor running.One should be very warm to hot to the touch and one should be near ice cold.If both are warm then either the compressor is faulty or there isnt enough freon in the ac system due to a freon leak and the leak needs located and repaired and freon refilled.

If one is ice cold then this can indicate a faulty temp actuator on the heater box under the dash.This can be a common fault with the actuator needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete