Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My saturn vue 2008 4 cylinder doesn't crank, i 't hear the

Customer Question

my saturn vue 2008 4 cylinder doesn`t crank, i don`t hear the fuelpump working
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Do you have the tools and ability to do some testing to figure out what is wrong?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have enough tools and ability to do somr testing to figure what`s wrong

Super, lets get the engine to crank first then we can check to see if there is spark, and fuel. Remove the start relay under the hood in the fuse box. What you should see is power all the time on pin 30, ground all the time on pin 85, power on pin 86 from the ECM when trying to start. The ECM gets info from the transmission range sensor if in park or neutral, the BCM for the anti theft system and the ignition switch. Can you test up to this point?

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don`t get power on pin 86 of when i turj the ignition switch to start position

Great now a scan tool is needed to see if the ECM is seeing park and or neutral and see if the BCM is getting a start signal.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris