Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

My 2005 Saturn Ion 2.2 keeps getting the key stuck in

Customer Question

My 2005 Saturn Ion 2.2 keeps getting the key stuck in ignition after turning off. It takes about 5 mins for it to release the key. I have already took it back for the "ignition recall" and my ignition switch is new. But the problem doesn't go away.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

There was also a recall for replacing the ignition lock as well as the ignition switch on your Ion and if you have not had the ignition lock replaced then I would consider having that done as well. Because its a recall its free of charge. I have enclosed the recall bulletin in the link below as well. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The car has already been taken in to have the recall ignition switch replaced,, and i was given new keys.
The problem stopped, and now it has started again. This problem happens on and off. I was given a warranty on the repair and it has now expired, so i will need to do the work and repairs myself.
What parts do i need to fix this myself? The shift works perfect. I just can't get my key out.
You can reach me at .1-***-***-****
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

There where two recalls, one for the switch (key and tumbler) and one for the ignition switch. If the shifter is working okay then I would suspect the new ignition lock may be defective.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ronnie, I have taken the car in for both recalls and the problem still remains.
If i request to do a phone call with you what are the hours i can call? Or do you call me at a scheduled date/time?
My current job schedule changes daily so i need to understand how the phone call option works before i request that feature.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

My hour vary so I can not say for sure. I can however open the post back up for you and see if perhaps someone else may have something different to offer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please open the post up for someone else to provide a phone options.