mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I have a 2008 SAturn Vue. I know that I have some wiring

Customer Question

I have a 2008 SAturn Vue. I know that I have some wiring problems that need to be addressed but am strapped for cash so haven't done it. Example, need to put the fuse in when I want windshield wipers to turn off and gotta put e back in when it rains.
Question is: the auxilary lights for the windows and doors won't turn off and the speedometer light is still illuminated. Dome lights are off. Don't quite get it...
Thanks,
Suzanne in ST. Paul
Category: Saturn
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.

GM had a lot of issues with there fuse boxes in this year range. and your wiper issue sounds exactly like another gm vehicle i worked on personally. you will need to replace the entire fuse box assembly and this will also control your aux lights. the relays for these items are micro relays that are part of the printed circuit board in the fuse box and can not be replaced individually.

if you are wanting to do this your self it is a pretty straight forward process and if you call the dealer they will ask you for some codes that are i believe in the glove box. (cant remember with all the different models) and the vin number and the fuse box will come complete will all the correct fuses. it is pretty much plug and play.