rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have an 02 saturn l200 it starts up but stalls out

Customer Question

I have an 02 saturn l200 it starts up but stalls out immediately
Category: Saturn
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The most likely cause is a bad fuel pump, you need to test the pressure and volume with a gauge. You can even test the armature with a scope too.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Anything i can try myself
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

You can rent a pressure tester from a parts store.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.