Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Had used engine installed in 2002 Vue. Mechanic at wit's end

Customer Question

Had used engine installed in 2002 Vue. Mechanic at wit's end as runs good for awhile, then
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you please give me the actual fault codes you are getting and post back with them and I will see if I can help you with this concern.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had trouble with posting the details of the problem so am not sure what you got. The engine sounds good but after being driven several miles the idle RPMs start going up considerably and the service engine light comes on. The mechanic says he keeps getting same code - left and right banks lean. He's switched computers from old and replacement engines as well as other parts and has given up. I was looking for someone in Atlanta north metro with deep experience with the Saturn 3.0 V6 from 2002 to either help him or fix it. I'm not trying to fix it myself. Was this the message you got and if so can you help?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 6 months ago.

Yes that was pretty much what I got, can you tell me the actual fault codes your getting?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry for the delay, but the mechanic just got back to me. He said the code he got today was P0507 and the light only comes on after being driven some . He didn't recall the code numbers he got before but it was always left bank lean, right bank lean. Can you do anything with this info?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

The code P0507 is a fast idle code usually set due to an engine vacuum leak causing the computer to not be able to control idle speed. Have him make sure the throttle plate is closing and not binding and if that checks okay, the usually suspect it a leaking intake manifold gasket and that will also cause leans codes to set.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
These are things the mechanic has already done. In my initial request I indicated I wanted someone in North metro Atlanta with deep experience in Vues of 2002. Do you meet that criteria? So far you haven't given helpful information, especially since I told you that this is not a DIY project.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

Okay, I do not live in North metro Atlanta so I can not recommend any one to help you with this from there , I will open the post back up for you and hopefully someone who lives in North metro Atlanta will jump in and help you with this. I have over 30,000 very satisfied customer who trust my judgement. If someone can give you something different then what you want to here, they will respond. Best you you .