Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.

I have 2002Saturn that has turned over but wont stay

Customer Question

I have 2002Saturn that has turned over but wont stay runningso I need ro find out which wires tohook up to bypass this problem. I know that Ineed to find rhe fat yellow one a d the doubble yellow one for the security light and then the orange and purple wires to bypass the gas code. where arre thetwo yellow wires?
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: yes I have tried to resetthe code by takong off the battery cables
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes In3eed to get it running and drive it home am stranded ddowntownby this ignitionthing
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: there is a bypass for the ignition oon linethat tells it but i need a picture of which wires to cross.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: yes, theignitioncylinder is gone now but I can turnit overbut the gas is blocked
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Try this relearn procedure and see if it works to correct this issue here.If it does not let me know.

30 Minute Learn Procedure
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
The vehicle learns the password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the password.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete