Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

TCM SATURN OUTLOOK , SHIFTING PROBLEM , LOW SPEED : NO ,

Customer Question

TCM SATURN OUTLOOK , SHIFTING PROBLEM , LOW SPEED
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: NO , 2008 SATURN OUTLOOK BOUGHT USED I FOUND THAT A NEW TRANSMISSION INSTALLED AROUND 69,OOO MILES I HAVE ABOUT 175,000 MILES . I STARTED HAVE PROBLEMS AROUND 120,000 , OPEN HWY RUN OK AROUND 70. MPH BUT LOW SPEED SHIFTING ISSUES ( HESITATE ) SOME TIME I HAVE TO TUNE OFF AND RESTART PUT IT L - MANUAL SHIFTING. AFTER THAT I HAVE TO PUT IT D- AUTO
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I TRY TO SEE IF GM HELP ME OUT LESS REPROGRAM ,THEY DID HAD A RECALL ON THE TRANSMISSION. I LOT CUSTOMERS HAVING SOME SEEM ISSUES . IT REALLY A SAFETY ISSUES FAR I CONCERN. BESIDES I THANK IT IS GOOD CAR. BUT SOME SAFETY ISSUES
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: CVS JOINT MAKING A NOISE WHEN YOU TURN IT ON LEFT THE SIDE
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the check engine light has come on with this issue here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This sounds like a possible solenoid or valve body fault as this can be common in the transmission.You will have to have this tested further to be sure of the cause then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete