Amedee, Saturn Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

My car clicks when trying to crank. I noticed the clock was

Customer Question

My car clicks when trying to crank. I noticed the clock was wrong when I cranked this morning. Could it be the starter going or alternator?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. A clicking sound indicates low system voltage.. which is usually a bad battery or a battery with a low charge. Has the been been checked or replaced since it was new? Batteries only last on average of 5 years. Since your vehicle is a 2008 and if the battery has not been replaced since the vehicle was new, chances are the battery is bad. Now, even if the battery has been replaced, the battery still could be bad or it could be low on a charge. Also, dont forget to check the battery cables and connections we well.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

That would also explain the clock issue (because it lost power). This is not caused by a bad starter.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!