Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Okay. I have several issues. First, my coolant is leaking.

Customer Question

Okay. I have several issues. First, my coolant is leaking. 2006 Ion, back right of the engine underneath the hood if I am looking put of the windshield. I'm guessing water pump since it is in that general vicinity.
JA: So many things can cause water pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Second, before the leak got really bad, it still had issues with holding temp. I thought maybe cooling fan since the heat didn't work, but when I run the car, I can feel the air blowing from the fan. Thermostat?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

Hi im kevin if its the end of the engine with the belts running at then yes the likely cause is the water pump .if engine isnt getting hot when leak isnt present then i would also agree it is likely the thermostat .the thermostat is the only part that regulates the actual temperature of coolant