FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

My mom has a2001 sl2 3.0 liter the Ac pump locked up up the

Customer Question

Hi my mom has a2001 sl2 3.0 liter the Ac pump locked up burnt up the serpentine belt so she towed it home and parked I came and put a new belt on it that bypassed the ac pump put a new tension pulley on it the battery was dead new battery, now I try to start it and it cranks but act like nothing I have fuel at the fuel rail but I don't think it has spark, and I can't hear the fuel pump eather, I switched the wiper and fuel relay to make sure there good and they are. Could it be a issue with a security lock out? Haw can I check it there is spark or reset the security lock out on the car
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am I'm in the middle of the country and am limited to places and minimum 20 miles from a mechanic I'm pretty good with ability of mechanic work I would be so great if I could get some info to make this happen
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked all fuses I have power there in the am I'm going to check power at the fuel pump because I can't hear it . I think it might be locked up, but when it's being cracked over there is a good amount of fuel that sprays out of the fuel rail test port, that's why I'm leaning towards the no spark issue , new battery good relay , and fueses it was running two months ago when the belt and Ac acted up
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: No everything else seems pretty cut and dry eather the spark or security lock out but the new Battery should have enough current to send the Ecu to recognize to open the cicuts
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My # *****(###) ###-####thank you
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** need to start by making sure that the belt coming off did not cause any damage to the wiring around the engine accessories. If that wiring is fine then I need to know if the security light is on when cranking the engine. If it is then the security system is keeping the vehicle from starting. Please let me know what you find and we can continue from there.