George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

The traction control warning light is on and beeping occurs

Customer Question

the traction control warning light is on and beeping occurs and driving results in hard halts. I was fixed 2 years ago.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no code. just frustration
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Saturn Mechanic to figure that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the last time it was fixed they ordered a part
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would be great
JA: Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn?
Customer: 2008 model outlook
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
waiting on my answer
Expert:  ironmike replied 6 months ago.

greetings,

In many cases when there is a fault that sets the trac control or abs off there is a trouble codes stored. it could be a failing wheel speed sensor, wire harness issue. we really need to find out if there are codes in the system.

Expert:  ironmike replied 6 months ago.

Many parts places will scan for trouble codes for free. Sometimes with intermittent faults a scanner or diagnostic tool that shows the tech live data is needed to catch the faulty sensor or part.

Expert:  ironmike replied 6 months ago.

are any other warning lights on? you could make sure the master cylinder reservoir is full.

Expert:  ironmike replied 6 months ago.

when the brake pads wear the fluid level goes down in the master cylinder reservoir and the level sensor might set the system off.

Expert:  ironmike replied 6 months ago.

let me know what you find