Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 208 Saturn and when I make right turns the break

Customer Question

Hello.. I have a 208 Saturn and when I make right turns the break light flashes red but only on right turn when I do left it does not happen.. and then past few day sight is on the dash.. looks like picture of an engine.. I changed oil it went away for a few days then came back
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is***** brake light turning on sounds like your brake fluid may be low and when you turn all of the fluid goes to side causing switch to come on so start by checking brake fluid level. The check engine light can come on for many reasons, if vehicle seems to run fine then it is likely a minor emission problem such as a loose gas cap. You can have vehicle connected to a scan tool to check diagnostic codes are your local parts store for free. Once you get the codes, write it down and let me know what it is. With the code I can give you common/possible problems, testing/repair instructions, and costs. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok will get them both checked
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.
Sounds good, let me know how it turns out or if you run into more questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok I had the break fluid check the container is full so that is not the issue
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.
Does the light flash a specific amount of times?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well never counted but for a bout 1/2 minute or until I am out of the turn
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.
Then it shuts off? Do any other lights come on during this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not at the same time but my abs lights has been on
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.
Does the abs light ever go off?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
past fews no.. in the past it comes on then go off but recently it has been staying on with the ss for rough road signal
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.
The brake light can come on if fluid is low, brake fluid level swich has failed, or parking brake. Since your abs light is on I'd start by checking diagnostic codes because you may have a failing abs module which is the other thing that could cause brake light to come on. Let me know what codes your getting when you get a chance to check. Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
will have to be tomorrow
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** updated.