chevygeorge
chevygeorge, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Technician for over 25 years
93784238

2008 Aura...brake lights stay on...pump the brake pedal and

Customer Question

2008 Aura...brake lights stay on...pump the brake pedal and they might go off; but when they do, they come back on in a few seconds.......
JA: Working brake lights are so important for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ...can't describe it any more clearly.......
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Google and YouTube speak of and show a Body Control Module Dialectic Lube fix...just gotta get to the connector.......
JA: Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  George H. replied 6 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Before we check a BCM lets try adjusting the switch or seeing if the switch is the problem. Do you have access to a scantool that can run the pedal position sensor calibration routine?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would they have one at Adnanced Auto Parts or O'Rielly's?
No I am sorry, this is a routine built into the factory scantool and some high end aftermarket tools. The ones at the parts stores are generic. I am going to OPT OUT of your question and maybe some else can help you without a tool
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is George (a different George) and I might be able to help with your issue. I've ran into this condition many times. It will require a scan tool to recalibrate the Brake pedal position sensor, but that is not usually the root cause. There are a couple of factory bulletins related to the issue. There may also be a open safety recall on your vehicle. I can check your vehicle for open recalls with the 17 digit vehicle identification number. I can also point you in the right direction, if your vehicle is not involved in the recall.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for offering to help...however, I am pursuing other remedy; and I am cancelling my subscription to this service.......
Ok. If you need any help in the future, we're here to help.Please take the time to rate our interaction. Thank you, George