sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

P081 i've checked wires from ecm to fuse block, realays good,

Customer Question

p081 i've checked wires from ecm to fuse block, realays good, new coolent temp sensor, when i start the engine a couple seconds later fan comes on sounds like high stays on untill i kill the motor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i can actuate relay 1 with scan tool not 2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: relay 2 has power and ground. nothing happens when i manualy actuate relay 2. fan doesnt come on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 6 months ago.
Hello Im Chris and I will assist you
Can you give me specs on the car?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds as if the high speed cooling fan is being commanded on because the engine controller is seeing an issue with the low speed fan relay cicuit, which could be wiring, the relay itself or possibly a blown fuse.What year and model is the vehicle?What was the entire P code that was found?