George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Saturn SL2: Bought 2000 Saturn SL 2, in August 2012. Every

Customer Question

Bought 2000 Saturn SL 2, in August 2012. Every 6 month front passenger Front bearing goes And hub like a egg shape. Monro Mufflers has replaced this 10 times every 6 month. They has put filler cap with hub. But same thing happens. Bearing goes and hub like egg shape. Have paid 3 times for bearing And Hub. Everything else on car works, except air condition is shot. Love the vehicle.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  George H. replied 6 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, If the bearing bore in the hub is oval then the knuckle needs to be replaced. They are inexpensive on car-part.com. A used part is best for this situation and should have the hub and bearing included. I would ask them if they will replace the whole knuckle if you bring the part. They should cover the labor after putting all these bearings in a worn knuckle without finding the root cause of the failures. IMO they owe you money for not doing the correct repair. Please let me know how I can help Thank you