Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Saturn SL: Saturn 2000 SL ' The little icon pressure

Customer Question

Saturn 2000 SL ' The little icon for the pressure of the oil comes every time I brake. However, the car runs fine.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist the warning for low oil pressure comes on when the pressure is below 10 lbs. it could be a bad sender unit on the motor or it might be correct. if it is correct, you need to find out what the failure is. it may be clogged pick up in the pan, oil pump failure or bearings worn out. the first thing I would do is to remove the sender and check the pressure manually. you can rent a tester from a parts store to verify the pressure. I would also get a new sender as well. make sure the oil level is correct Roy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your answer, unfortunately I will have to take my car to the dealer, as I know nothing about cars. However, with what you are telling me, at least I will have an idea to match it with what the people at the dealer tell me.
Gladys
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.
your welcome. good luck please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy