Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Saturn Outlook XE: 2007 saturn outlook 3.6 vvt timing chain

Customer Question

2007 saturn outlook 3.6 vvt timing chain replacement procedures. once we align all three timing chains up with there timing marks and install the guides and tensioners we rotate the engine via the crankshaft but the timing marks will not line back up. what am i doing wrong
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Hi . Good morning, This is normally the timing marks on the chain will not align back up . But the marks on the sprocket cam and crank to the block and head you will see these will align back up to the positionbut not the marks on the chain .For the lines and marks on the chain to line back up you would have to turn the engine over plus 200 times for this to happen .So as long as the set up was correct in the first set up don't worry . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
so if i i aligned them up right first and put all the guides shoes and tensioners in as i was installing each chain then all i have to do to ensure its alright is to rotate and line up the crankshaft to the mark on the oil pump and then verify the camshafts are aligned with the timing mark on thier perspective head?
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Yes sir ,correct .Only thing out of line will be the marks on the chain . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you these damn thing is killing me
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Thank you . Please don't forget to rate . Rgds Greg