Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

Saturn L300: my car 2005 saturn, when i press on gas does not

Customer Question

my car 2005 saturn, when i press on gas does not want to go, but them all of of a sudden it gas a lot of gas, and them it goes up to 2000 rpm but when i give it gas it will not go.
we put in a car scan but do not know exactly what it means, it says P O 638 Generic
Throttle Actuator Control Range/Performance- Bank 1
Can you help me? need my car.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Technician Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** am one of the techs here.
There is a common issue with the throttle body motor on this vehicle. I can say with 90% confidence that you will need a new throttle body assembly. The part number is: 13105809 and sells for $576.04 from any Chevy dealer. However, you can order one from www.parts.com for $322.58. However, if you plan to replace it yourself, you will have to perform a "relearn" procedure once the new part is installer. I can tell you how to do that if you like. Is this a job you are going to tackle yourself?
Expert:  Technician Chris replied 6 months ago.
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given. Let me know if you have additional questions, but please proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating.thanks- Chris