Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Saturn Relay: I bought a 2007 Saturn relay in 2008 and the

Customer Question

I bought a 2007 Saturn relay in 2008 and the traction control light goes on and off. 2012 It stays on sometime and then eventually goes off. Today I was and a complete stop due to on coming traffic, the traffic cleared up so I could make a left into a drive way from a busy street as I made the left turn the traction control made a noise and the gas pedal would not move. Almost got hit and my kids freaked out. It is only when I turn left that this problem exist. I have had the sensor control replaced I don't know how many time paying out of pocket. The first time I took it to GM in 2012 when the problem happened and they said nothing was wrong. I took it to my mechanic and he read the codes and said it was the sensor control, took it back a second, third, fourth time due to the same thing happening.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Clayso replied 6 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.From your description I'd be looking closely at the front wheel bearings, ABS sensors and the wiring to the front wheel speed sensors. The front wheel speed sensors and rings are integral with the hub and bearing assemblies. If a speed sensor or a ring is damaged the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) can receive intermittent signals and cause traction control problems. Without knowing the code(s) these shops have been seeing it's impossible for me to guess on which wheel could be a problem. I've replaced just as many left fronts as I have right fronts. I've also found rubbed through wires in the harness to the wheel speed sensors and also under the air filter housing near the transmission and A/C lines. Intermittent problems are mostly found with rubbed through harnesses that ground out during turns.I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.