Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!

Saturn Outlook xe: Every now and then my service stabilink

Customer Question

Every now and then my service stabilink Trac and service traction control lights comes on..I have tried unhooking battery, but later it comes back on. I hope it's not a costly repair and it's something simple. Please help.....09 outlook
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, first off unhooking the battery and reconnecting does nothing but prolong the issue, once a light comes on that means there is an issue and the only way to fix is to have it diagnosed. you should run by a local autozone or other parts store so they can read the codes, i can tell you that you most likely have a issue with the throttle body or accelerator pedal . those 2 items are what commonly fails causing the same exact messages on the dash, the repair will be about 300$ or so depending on if you do it yourself or not, the repairs are pretty easy and straightforward as well. the throttle body is all electronic and when it cannot determine its own position the system will set the warning lights, same thing if the pedal sensor does not read internally correct , there are dual sensors inside the pedal and they constantly check against each other to verify proper position of the pedal at all times. so if you get a code and return to me i can verify 100% that the throttle body is the issue for you and get you going. Lou P.