sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Cooling fan in a 1205 saturn vue starts as soon as i start

Customer Question

Cooling fan in a 1205 saturn vue starts as soon as i start the car
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The fan starts immediaty and seems to stay on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Unpluging the fan on then off, etc... also lights go out with dashlight as well as power stering and the on again
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: What code
JA: It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn? It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out.
Customer: I have them... P0563, P0455, P0481, and P0700
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!P0481 is a cooling fan relay control circuit code and is related to the fan staying on, assuming it wasn't set by disconnecting the relay on your own or something of that nature. It may be the relay itself or it could be a wiring issue.What year is the car?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a 2005 saturn vue. It is also showing codes: P0700, P0455, P0563
Have either of the cooling fan relays been removed with the key on?Have you checked the COOL 1 and COOL 2 fuses?