Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Saturn Vue awd: Saturn vuewawd2005 at moderate accelaration

Customer Question

Saturn vuewawd2005 at moderate accelaration i get a thumping noise i lift off it doesnt happen all the time often enough though to be a concernas hat could the problem be?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, i would suspect a failed motor mount , the torque of the engine will cause the engine to lift off the mounts and bang around in the engine bay. that is where i would start looking , you can tell by opening the hood and putting the car in gear and using 2 feet to load up the engine while pressing the brakes to get the engine to torque, do this in drive and reverse to see if it moves, if it does not then i would suspect a cv axle and those are a little more harder to inspect. it is best done on a lift or jacked up and wheel turned, that is when the noise should mostly occur. hope this helps, Lou P. Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !