Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

My wife has the remote car 2007 saturn ion. I have

Customer Question

My wife has the remote for her car 2007 saturn ion. I have my own key but not a remote. Well i went to borrow the car at her work and the alarm sounded. I didn't know what to do. Ant help if it occures again.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. easy fix i hope or order second remote because we both use the same car occasionaly
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just hand locked the door. and it went off after say 30 seconds to 1min.
JA: Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn?
Customer: had many manufacture recalls but in good running order.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 10 months ago.
Hello Im /chris and I will assist you.
usually taking the key and locking and unlocking the door will turn the alarm off if its dealer installed. Works on some aftermarket but not on all.
You have to do it on the drivers door
If you are satisfied with my answer please rate me so i can get credit for my time. Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 10 months ago.
sorry for the delay.............On your IONIF the Doors were Locked via the Remote, then you "have to" UNLOCK with the Remote to DisArm the Factory AlarmUnlocking with Key will NOT DisArm the Factory AlarmThis is Saturns description:Using the power door unlock switch or manually unlocking the doors does not disable the CTD armed mode. Also, disconnecting the battery or pulling fuses does not disable the armed mode, since the BCM stores the CTD mode status in memory.•To disarm the CTD system in arm pending mode, SECURITY indicator flashing and doors open, perform 1 of the following:•Press the UNLOCK button on the keyless entry transmitter.•Insert a valid key into the ignition and start the vehicle.•To disarm the CTD system in the armed mode:•Press the UNLOCK button on the keyless entry transmitter.•Insert a valid key into the ignition and start the vehicle.•To disarm the CTD system when activated, alarming mode.•Press the UNLOCK button on the keyless entry transmitter.•Insert a valid key into the ignition and start the vehicle..There is no other way without use of GM Scan Tool.
did you need more information?please respond or rate my answerthank you
did you need more info?please respond or rate my answerthank you