Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

1999 saturn sl1 has service engine and a wrench and no OBD

Customer Question

1999 saturn sl1 has service engine and a wrench and no OBD codes
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The service engine light came on with no OBD II codes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Initially checked OBD codes, and then changed the oil.
JA: Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn?
Customer: It has 269,000 miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Anytime the wrench light as well as the check engine light come on the computer is detecting a system fault and it will set and store a fault code and or codes. Can you please recheck it while the light are coming on and see if you can get the fault codes and post back with them and I will help you determine the cause.