George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

The tough pad on my Saturn liftgate is broken and

Customer Question

The tough pad on my Saturn for the liftgate is broken and fell inside the door I need to open the lift gate manually, I don't know how to to do it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a new touch pad for the lift gate but I can't access the old one because it broke and fell inside the lift gate and the lift gate is shut, I would like to know if there is a way to open the lift gate manually
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hoping but I m about to give up
JA: Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn?
Customer: Not that I can think of right now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 5 months ago.
Hi, are you still trying to find an answer to this problem?
If so, I will need the year and model of your Saturn. I will try to find a way to get that lift gate open!
Hi, do you still need help with this problem?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello yes I still need help it's a 2008 Saturn Outlook and it front wheel drive
Hi, I am so sorry for my delayed response, I did not see where you had replied to my first few messages until recently. Have you tried to switch it to manual mode using the switch in the center console, or is this what you are having trouble finding?