George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

2005 saturn Ion break light do not work bulb is good and break

Customer Question

2005 saturn Ion break light do not work bulb is good and break light in rear window works
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: both sides break light is not working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuse and bulb
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.
Hi. It is common for the body control module to go bad and cause the concern of only the high mount brake light working. If you can, you need to test for power on the Light-BLue wire at the rear bulbs. Is that something you can check?