rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Saturn vue: 2007 Vue. V6. as soon as it is started, blue smoke

Customer Question

2007 Vue. V6. as soon as it is started, blue smoke from exhaust. The longer it runs, the more smoke until its a large cloud. The motor runs smooth and the pcv is new. ?????
Category: Saturn
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Blue smoke is oil burning, this can be due to bad piston rings, plugged PCV passage or valve guide seals. Do a wet/dry compression test.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The page says it emailed me a password ***** it didn 't. just forget it until just answers fixes this sight !!!
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
I don't know what you're talking about, I'm only the expert to that gave you a correct answer for you question.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on. I'm here to help you.Ron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It will be a day or 2 before I can do this. I am finishing another project. I'll get back when done.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. There isn't any difference wet or dry. I have a digital camera I can look into the cyls with. There is a layer of wet carbon on the tops of all pistons. At the cyl walls and pistons is clean. No carbon there. Compression is 180 on all but one which is 160.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is oil in the spark plug holes as well
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Right, that would be bad rings or valve guide seals.Thanks again, Ron