FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4 liter engine. Front door speakers not

Customer Question

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4 liter engine. Front door speakers not working. front windsheild T speakers very, very low sound with volume at max. suggestions?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if this vehicle still has the factory radio?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. I have one more question. Did you move the fade on the radio to see if anything changed?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes. Moved FADE to all FRONT SPEAKERS, same volume output.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. Depending on if you have the base radio or the uplevel radio will make a difference as to what is going on. Most of the time this is caused by the radio amplifier failing on the uplevel radio. If it is the base radio then it is the radio itself. Do you know which radio you have?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not know if it is a base radio or an uplevel radio. How do I determine this? Can you tell by the VIN...1G8ZV57B59F212992
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.
That won't tell me. Can you tell me if you have satellite radio.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes car radio is XM cabapable.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
capable
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.
Then you should have the up level radio. That means that the problem is typically in the amplifier. Most people at that point opt to install an aftermarket radio instead of investing in a new amplifier.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. So can you provide details , diagrams on how to replace it with OEM radio? I do not want pay more for this so if additional charge, please do not provide.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.
Let me see what kind of diagrams my database has. It is down at the moment but I will send it when it is back up. I don't require an additional charge but a good rating would be nice as that would lock the question to me and that it how we are assured payment.