Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC

I just bought a 2003 saturn with 68k miles on it, it overhested

Customer Question

i just bought a 2003 saturn with 68k miles on it, it overhested and won't turn over on the way home
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Saturn. The Saturn Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: what i said is it in a nutshell. a local mechanic is saying dooms day it over heated ans won't start he is saying motor must be siezed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: dunno what to do
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Saturn Mechanic should know about your Saturn?
Customer: only had it a hout it seemed like new only had 68k on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.If the engine will not crank over when cooled off it is possible the crank bearings could have caused the crank to lock up if they were overheated or the pistons could have seized in the cylinders due to the overheating. If that is the case , than the engine would need a complete rebuild or replacement. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****