Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

2003 Saturn ion , all the lights stay on in the dashboard regardless

Customer Question

2003 Saturn ion , all the lights stay on in the dashboard regardless if key is in the ignition or not
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My daughter came home from work parked your car turned it off cut up the next morning and she could not start the car when she starts that tries to start the car there's a car symbol with a padlock on it that comes on and we've tried all sorts of things but now all the dashboard light seatbelt airbag brakes oil battery lights they're all on and they stay on I replace the ignition switch But all the lights are on now as long as the battery is connected
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing can be caused by any of the following,

• Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
  • Module On The Data Circuit

In order to determine which you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the things to check in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.