Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Saturn Outlook XE: I Have a 2009 saturn outlook that is blowing

Customer Question

I Have a 2009 saturn outlook that is blowing the odd coil fuse. first let me explain what happened. A mouse got into the engine and chewed up the wiring harness to the fuel rails, I replaced the wiring harness and it ran fine for about 2 weeks untill the engine light came back on. code said it was coil no# ***** so i changed it and all the spark plugs. when i started it up it ran worse, checked the codes again and now it says missfire cyl 1, 3, and 5 thats when i found the bad fuse that keeps blowing. curious thing is when i take out the powertrain relay it doesnt blow. help i have bin working on this a couple of days now and im at my wits end thanks
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. When you remove the PCM relay, that removes power to the fuse which is why it does not blow. Unplug all the odd coils, and try another fuse. If it blows once the the key is on, that means the pink/black wire that goes to each of these 3 coils and the ODD fuse is shorted to another ground wire or to the chassis or engine. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did this already and did not find any thing but I will look again. I will keep you posted thanks
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris