Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The front dome lights stay on all the time. It's a 2004

Customer Question

Hi .The front dome lights stay on all the time. It's a 2004 Saturn vue help ***** ***** C
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its been sitting a month got in to go to the store, now there staying on and all doors are closed, .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I disconnected the battery terminal for 30 minutes and reconnected and they stay on.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When we drove to the store the power locks keep locking and unlocking for a couple minutes by themselves.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Does your instrument cluster have a warning light for door ajar? If so is it coming on at times when all doors are closed? If so then its the door ajar wiring and switches we will be working on.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it does have a warning light for a ajar doors .no light comes on when all doors are closed .
Remove the front lamp that is staying on. With the doors closed and the light on, unplug it and tell me if the gray or white wire ohm tests to ground with no resistance.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I pulled the fuse for a day and put it back in and it seems to work fine. It's got me baffled, hope that takes care of it.
Glad its resolved, if it returns reply and let me know.