George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Saturn L200: 2002 Saturn L200. When ambient temperature is

Customer Question

2002 Saturn L200. When ambient temperature is above 60° or sitting in sunshine car starts, dies, starts dies 1-2 second intervals. Will start in cooler weather without sun (clouds, etc.). If temps are moderate and the car starts and runs, the warning lights on the dash (security, ABS, etc) come on, odometer, fuel gauge and temp gauge are all inop. Speedo and tach function normally. Was told to disconnect battery cables and hold together. Did that and it would start and drive but the dash problems above still ocurred. We had a cold snap here in the Indianapolis area aweek or two ago. The start problem reocurred, the battery cable trick doesn't fix it now. Car has195,727 miles. What is wrong, how do I fix it?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Have you checked for codes in the computer? Can you keep the engine running if you step on the gas pedal right before the engine stalls?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't checked codes lately, there was a EVAP and O2 code in the past. I try to do the throttle max at start up but does not work.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
If you could please reply back with the codes in the computer and your VIN that would be a big help. I work all day today but will be back on line tonight. Thank you!