Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.

3rd time:Loud humming noise from engine while driving. Eco

Customer Question

3rd time:Loud humming noise from engine while driving. Eco light was on even though speed required applying gas pedal pressure.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Looked like a red line around outline of speedometer and tach.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Saturn Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Airbag light lit. (A fluky ongoing problem- airbag been checked. No deployment)
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. What needs to be done from here is to have a scan tool plugged into your model that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle to read and check to see what fault codes are set for these issues here.Once this is done the codes are then diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.I have seen air bags fail as well as air bag sensors needing replaced.The humming noise may be an issue with a drive belt pulley or component failing.This will have to be checked into further usually with an automotive stethescope to pinpoint the noise issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete