George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

Ryan, John Wilde again, I bought the OTC 3111Pro, and

Customer Question

Hi Ryan, John Wilde again, I bought the OTC 3111Pro, and It's a nice tool, it has a fairly extensive library of manufacturers and models built in, and the screen is great. I now find,
(as I'm sure others have also) that the scanner is only as good as the diag program in the
manufacturers PCM, and in the case of the 02 Saturn they don't let me graph the EGR signal. Rats, that's exactly what I want to see, It's probable that the electronic EGR was only
on late models, and the programmers hadn't caught up before they discontinued the model.
Anyway, I've tested every signal that I can think of to enable the EGR operation, except the
speed indicator, the scanner can do that w/a drive test, & I'm figuring a way to test the EGR
feedback w/a DC meter, on the road. So the search continues. Tx, JW
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 6 months ago.
what model and engine? does it have a code?
anyways, black to a good ground red to the center pin of the EGR connector, KOEO you should see .15-1.0v. then driving so it activates voltage should sweep to 3.5-5.0v with no dropouts.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Engine is 1.9 L DOHC. I agree the EGR feedback is the place to check, hopefully I can get that done to morrow. Tx, JW.
Awesome keep me posted, if you have an old scope I can shoot you the connector views and you can manually waveform it also.