Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

While driving, the car dies...more specifically the engine

Customer Question

While driving, the car dies...more specifically the engine stops running and the power to steering and brakes quits out too. Lights stay on, but if I put the car in N it will restart when I turn the key. Also, while driving, on occasion the car will begin chugging without a change in accelerator position. There is no smoke that I can see and the shop just replaced the ignition switch. Whats wrong?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Saturn Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: There are no check engine codes either
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Clayso replied 8 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.From your description sounds like there is a fuel related problem, most likely the fuel pump itself. Have the fuel pressure checked and if it's below specifications have the fuel pump replaced. Fuel pumps rarely set engine codes.I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.