FIXITMAN, Master Technician

I have a 2004 Saturn V JA: The mechanics have tons of experience

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Saturn V
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I have a 2004 Saturn VUE V6 AWD. Starting today the interior lights, map and dome, will not shut off when the engine is shut off and car is locked.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Saturn Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Before we begin can you tell me if you get any warning lights while driving such as a door open warning? Is the dimmer switch turned all of the way up?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There are no warning lights. I have made sure that all of the doors are securely closed. If you are asking about the dimmer for the instrument lights that is on all the way or very near its brightest setting.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. You either have a bad dimmer switch otr the issue is in the body control module which controls this circuit. Most of the time it is due to the module. I have also had a few ignition switches cause this. I typically start by testing the dimmer first with a voltage meter. Then You would move on to testing the more difficult circuits like the control module. In some cases the module may not be bad but may just need reprogramming.