rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2002 Saturn that I tried jumping yesterday but crossed

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Saturn that I tried jumping yesterday but crossed the terminals. After switching the terminals the engine will turn over but will not start. It sounds like it isn't getting a spark or fuel.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I thought I might have fried the battery so I replaced it but that didn't help. I checked all the fuses and they all are good.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. Check for spar at the plugs and check fuel pressure with a gauge and keep me posted with your results. The CRANK sensor or fuel pump may be bad.Thansk, Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am going to replace the crank sensor and the relay for the fuel pump. If that doesn't work than it has to be the fuel pump...right?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Yes, if the fuel pressure is low or non existent.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron