George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Saturn Aura XR: I am getting the same codes over and over U2100,U2105,U2106,U2108

Customer Question

I am getting the same codes over and over U2100,U2105,U2106,U2108 and U2111 when I get them the car only has 2nd gear and often the gauges don`t work. some times I can turn the car off and restart and the transmission will work properly. Some times when I try to start the car the starter will not engage as if it were not in Park but after trying a few times it will start fine. the Chevy dealer has replaced the ECM and re-flashed it twice. When I clear the codes it might work fine for 5 miles or 50. A couple of times it made a loud bang as the transmission tried to lock up going down the road. This car is a 2009 Saturn.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 1 year ago.
The two most common issues I've seen cause these communication codes are definitely excessive voltage drop in cables, or an ignition switch, can you shoot me your VIN so i can see the vehicle build? communication codes can be tricky when intermittent, but we should be able to get it figured out for you first we just need to decide if it is a voltage or network short concern.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1g8zs57b09f184186
OK one bulletin that may apply first off. under the right kick pannel is the vehicle communication interface module, it has three connectors on it, check the harness for not being too tight on the black connector and also take it out and look for any of the terminals in it for damage or being pulled back in the connector body.