Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

Saturn SC1: I have a 1997 Saturn SC1, with a 5speed Manual

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Saturn SC1, with a 5speed Manual I backed out of a parking spot and put my car into first gear and drove off...however, when I went to shift into second gear..I couldn't as the shifter is extremely limp and has lots of play in it...I only have first gear. Btw, In October 2015, My clutch gave I had a new clutch installed. Please HELP. Thank you. :}
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .Do the cables move the levers at the trans when you have an assistant move the shifter? (it is under the air intake hose and air box)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they do move but very little
I see, thanks. That would be in the shifter assembly, it doesn't sound like the cable(s) fell off if they do move any. .Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you all of the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,