AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Saturn VUE: I have a 2007 Saturn Vue. Last night my wife was

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Saturn Vue. Last night my wife was in traffic and it was stop and go for about 45 minutes. She smelled something and then smoke started coming (it appeared) out of the steering column. Also the windshield wipers started working. She could not turn them off, speed up, or slow them down. Eventually they quit on there own. I met her and about an hour later I started the car to take it home and when I started it the windshield did one swipe and there was one quick puff of smoke. Does that sound like a clock spring problem?
Thank you
(SGM) RET Jerald Criswell
Category: Saturn
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 9 months ago.
The puff of smoke came out of the steering column? That sounds like the windshield wiper switch was burning up. Possibly from a bad wiper motor.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
where would I take that to have it repaired in Gresham OR.
You could bring it to any reputable auto repair facility in the area. They would be able to resolve the issue if you would rather not repair it yourself. If you would like, I can look for auto repair facilities in your area.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please
No problem. The link below is for facilities in your area. I can't really give any names or anything like that, but the one 3rd down from the bottom of the places listings has all good reviews, personally I would give them a shot. They are also very close. AUTO REPAIR FACILITIES
actually, the top listing has the most positive reviews.
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Please don't forget to rate my service so I will be compensated. I greatly appreciate it. Follow ups are always free after rating. Thank you