Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Troubleshooting my cruise

Customer Question

Troubleshooting my cruise control issue. It seems to come on, but does not hold the speed.
Don't know what to do.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, does it at any time hold speed or take up speed when you activate it? we need to be certain that it comes on or not at all. even if it kicks on for a little bit that would make all the difference, Lou .
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes, it comes on for a split second and then dies out. But I can feel it engage, but then the speed slows. It was working off and on for a little while ago, also.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 8 months ago.
Ok so the first thing I recommend to try is to place your foot behind the brake pedal and pull it toward you to keep a little pressure upwards. Usually it's just a unadjusted brake switch or cruise control switch that will cut out the cruise when the car shakes a little. So if you do that and then turn on the cruise see if it retains it for longer than normal. If it does then you can adjust or replace the brake switch above the brake pedal. Hope this information helps. Let me know if it works or not. Lou P.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 8 months ago.
any luck?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, U actually have already tried that. It's ok. I think I will just take it in to get it fixed.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 8 months ago.
ok. my apologies. hopefully its something easy.