tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  own's repair shop 25yrs

2001 Saturn lw300 AC compressor won't engage, AC light on

Customer Question

2001 Saturn lw300 AC compressor won't engage
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: AC light on the dash turns on can hear a slight bog in engine but the clutch won't engage trying to figure out the reference voltage for the 3 wire pressure switch I have a ground then 5v from one wire and 5.6v out the other
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Saturn Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It has the twin cam v6 let me know if you need any additional information
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

i can give you the wire diagrams for your a/c unit that may help you fid your problem

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will it be the complete AC wiring diagram

yes,,i will also give you some testing you can do

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That'll help alot

yes,i think this will help you greatly

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What's the reference voltage on the sensor supposed to be at