George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I have a warning light that keeps coming on. The coolant

Customer Question

I have a warning light that keeps coming on . The coolant level is fine and the gauges start marking as if it was going to overheat. When I start gaining speed the temperature goes down.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It just seems like it is a faulty warning cause it everything is fine but, in this car it seems like it messes the whole system up. I think it's making my car hard to start.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yeah I usually do. I heard that they have some type of rest button but I'm having s hard time finding it.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Flushing the coolant system.
JA: Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn?
Customer: Having issues with my battery also I don't know if the system is killing my battery. I didn't know that Saturn's fans came on after turning off the car like the Honda's.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Saturn Mechanic will know what to do. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  George H. replied 10 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

You will need to get the battery issues taken care of first, it is the foundation for your whole electrical system.

Please let me know what year, model and engine size is your Saturn.

Thank you