Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

What are the torque specs on a 1999 Saturn sl2 at valve

Customer Question

what are the torque specs on a 1999 Saturn sl2 at valve body
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am replacing the valve body on the 1999 Saturn sl2. the instruction say to torque the bolts to 92 ft lbs. I think that is too high for an aluminum body
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Or destroy it totally
JA: Is there anything else the Saturn Mechanic should be aware of about your Saturn?
Customer: It goes forward in all gears including reverse, I have replace the valve body and this is a new problem that has cropped up
JA: Our top Saturn Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Saturn Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Saturn Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** should be 97 INCH lbs. Here are instructions from manual. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.